This contest is closed. Winners are Jarred Seng and Heather Collins. Find out more about them by clicking here
— matchboxtwenty (@MatchboxTwenty) October 16, 2012
This opportunity is open to U.S. and Australian residents only (void where prohibited). No purchase necessary.
In celebration of the new album, is heading out on the road and are offering aspiring photo-journalists in the US and Australia an incredible opportunity to join them for the ride. Participants are asked to submit photography representing the theme of ‘NORTH’, accompanied by a brief written description of what they captured in the shot. One winner (selected by the band) will get the extraordinary opportunity to travel with and document a portion of ’s Australian tour. The winner will then have their photographs, stories and journey interpreted for an eBook to be released worldwide in 2013.
*Winner must be able to travel internationally between the dates of November 3, 2012 and November 11, 2012.
One winner will get the extraordinary opportunity to travel with and photograph a portion of ’s Australian tour. In addition, the winner will receive:
- Compilation of the winner’s photographs into an eBook available for download (TBD)
- Roundtrip airfare to Sydney, Australia and accommodation for the duration of the tour (daily food stipend TBD)
- Framed compilation of a selection of the winner’s photographs, signed by
- Exposure for their submission on ’s Facebook and Twitter pages
The highest voted artist will receive:
- Feature for their submission through ’s Facebook page
- Photography pass for the tour stop closest to the winner’s location (travel and accommodation not provided)
Submit by: 19. Oktober 2012
Vote: 20. Oktober 2012 10am PST – 23. Oktober 2012 10am PST
Winner Announced:24. Oktober 2012
Click ‘here‘ to review the guidelines and submit your work.
How Will Choose
will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
- This opportunity is only open to US and Australian residence, if you are not from the US or Australia you understand and agree that you are not eligible for prizing
- Photographs must be submitted in JPEG or PNG format (up to 5MB)
- Photographs must be original (meaning not using third party copyright materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity
- Participants must submit one photograph, along with a caption to demonstrate their writing skills.